logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 08:49:02 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: New Members, after 10 posts we allow you into the Special Members section, including  the "Todays News" topics"  And it's all FREE!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hoping a Javelin owner can help!  (Read 2348 times)
Drew

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2009, 10:27:38 PM »

Hi Folks,

Hoping that a fellow Javelin owner can help here.

The gunwale steps on my Javelin have gone hard, and the Savage emblem is no longer visible.

I'm hoping that someone has a Javelin with a side step I can take a plasticine moulding of, or borrow for a few days to have copied in stainless steel.

I'm referring to the steps on the top of the gunwales that have the two aluminium strips holding them down.  I believe the factory fit was rubber, but powder coated stainless will look equally good, and last forever!!  The "steps" are the ones just behind the seat line in this photo:

The boat is in my parents garage at the moment, as I'm selling my place, and they are over 100 km away, so I can't get a close up pic easily...

I can always get a bulk run if someone can donate a mould!  Everything is cheaper in quantity Smiley

Cheers,

Andrew
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 10:35:50 PM by Drew » Logged
DumHed
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 09:16:55 AM »

where are you located?

I'll have a look at mine and see if they're still ok.

Don't push me, push a push pop
Drew

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 02:48:26 PM »

where are you located?

I'll have a look at mine and see if they're still ok.

I'm in Melbourne... I'm still chasing pricing, but from some brief inquiries, should be able to get these done around about $20-$30 per step panel, in a nylon, or about $50-80 in stainless... I'm thinking of going down the stainless path, and have them powdercoated in an off-white to match the original color...
DumHed
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 08:13:16 AM »

ok had a look at my ones, and it seems they've already been replaced with generic ones Smiley
That's probably why they're in good condition! I didn't realise they were meant to have the logo on them.

Don't push me, push a push pop
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: