logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2021, 08:48:24 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Welcome visitors. Click on the "Search" button above and type in a word that has your interest.
Spammers are Banned and reported

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rate this Javelin  (Read 929 times)
True blue
Board God

Hold Fast

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2019, 05:06:03 PM »

Well here it is. My pick for Javelin of the month.

This Javelin is brought to you from the state of Victoria (i.e. the state that's getting all of NSW and Queensland's rain at the moment Smiley ). This Javelin looks to be very clean and original, and sits on a very clean looking trailer. I only found 1 photo, but it's a nice one. I give this one an 8 out of 10. If anyone would like to rate this boat, please let me know your rating.

* Clean Jav.jpg (49.81 KB, 430x323 - viewed 187 times.)
True blue
Board God

Hold Fast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 08:37:17 AM »

Another great looking Javelin.

* Blue water.jpg (113.13 KB, 960x535 - viewed 64 times.)
MERCMAN
Administrator
Board God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 11:07:29 AM »

Well here it is. My pick for Javelin of the month.

This Javelin is brought to you from the state of Victoria (i.e. the state that's getting all of NSW and Queensland's rain at the moment Smiley ). This Javelin looks to be very clean and original, and sits on a very clean looking trailer. I only found 1 photo, but it's a nice one. I give this one an 8 out of 10. If anyone would like to rate this boat, please let me know your rating.

OK, here is my two bobs worth..
The Mercury outboard looks to be a 1967 model 50hp. When I blow up the pic, it looses clarity so I can't be sure. My second opinion would be a 1966 model.

The windscreen has either been replaced or cutdown? I'd guess cutdown, because it retains the red triangles at the sides of the screen and they appear to have the holes cut out for the unique badges which were glued into the holes.

The red triangles with badges in them, featured in screens of the Pursuit, Viva & Javelin models from 1965 to say 1969.
I can't ever recall seeing a factory dark blue deck?

7 out of 10 from me.

MERCMAN. 

It's perfectly safe.. unless something goes wrong!
True blue
Board God

Hold Fast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 09:33:29 PM »

Thanks MERCMAN for rating the boat and also for the information. I found the info about the red triangles with badges in them particularly interesting. I have seen the red triangles on some Javelin's, but not all of them. So it was interesting to learn that they were only used in certain years. Thanks for your input. Much appreciated.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: