logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 20, 2019, 09:40:46 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
 News: Spammers, you're wasting your time. Our keen monitors erase and report you in minutes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Savage Javelin  (Read 201 times)
True blue

Hold Fast

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2019, 04:37:39 PM »

Hi guys. I recently bought an early Savage Javelin. She's in a bit of a rough shape, but hopefully I can bring her back into a better condition that she is now in. I already owned a boat when I bought her. I became interested in vintage and older boats earlier this year, and after being bitten by the bug, I started looking to see what was out there online. I saw the boat for sale, and I liked the unique shape of the Javelin. I went to have a look and ended up buying the boat, without even knowing what she was or even asking the wife first. Smiley After buying the boat (and suffering for my sins), I was looking at some photos on Pintrest and came across the photo of that red and white Jav, (i.e. you know the one, it's the 1st photo on the list of Jav boats and was photographed on a brown river/ lake). I noticed the distinctive "S" on the side, and from that photo came across the The Board. My intention in buying the boat was to preserve something that would be a shame to lose to time, and finding out that it's an Australian classic was exciting. I will post some pictures from when I bought the boat, and will also include a couple of photos from when previous owners advertised the boat for sale and it was painted different colours. Any suggestions would be welcomed, and anyone with any parts from the original vessels like deck fittings would be great to source. Some of the deck fittings were removed from the boat by a previous owner, when they repainted the boat.

Many thanks and I look forward to chatting.

Julian

* In orange paint.gif (158.02 KB, 800x449 - viewed 15 times.)
True blue

Hold Fast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 04:43:36 PM »

The first photo I uploaded was an older photo from before I bought the boat, when it was painted orange. The second photo with the cat underneath is how it looks now.

* Cat not for sale.gif (413.25 KB, 960x960 - viewed 7 times.)
True blue

Hold Fast

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 04:48:50 PM »

The boat looks to have been painted in a number of colours over the years, including blue.

* Rear 1.jpg (231.77 KB, 960x720 - viewed 8 times.)
True blue

Hold Fast

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2019, 04:49:44 PM »

Side view.

* Side of boat.gif (269.19 KB, 960x720 - viewed 9 times.)
True blue

Hold Fast

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2019, 04:54:36 PM »

One of the gauges is missing. Not sure why they carpeted around the instruments. And a few non original parts like the seats and the steering wheel (i assume). 

* Inside boat.gif (337.9 KB, 960x720 - viewed 7 times.)
True blue

Hold Fast

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2019, 04:56:25 PM »

The wind screen has a hole in it.

* Inside boat 2.jpg (182.58 KB, 960x720 - viewed 7 times.)
True blue

Hold Fast

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 05:26:48 PM »

I found this picture online, from when it was put up for sale on ebay by a previous owner. In the advert from that sale it had a 55hp Evinrude on it. But when I bought the boat recently (i.e. from a different seller), it didn't come with a motor. Back then the boat was registered but the trailer wasn't. The owner said in his advert that the speedo was reading 30mp/h the last time he used the boat, which he said 'wasn't even flat out'. He described the topside paintwork as dismal. The seller said in the add that the boat needs some deck fittings, as a previous owner had removed them to do their pitiful painting attempt (his words not mine). He said that the hull and transom were solid, that the trailer had new trailer bearings. So all I need to bring her back to original condition is some deck fitting, original seats, instruments, a replacement windscreen, an original steering wheel etc etc etc. How hard could that be?  Grin 

* pre purchase photo.gif (63.06 KB, 390x390 - viewed 10 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: